Occupational Wellness Manager
CARLA VILLALTA BA, CCRC, RRP
Occupational Wellness Manager At ABL Employment
Carla has over 20 years’ experience working with a variety of organizations providing expert advice relating to health and safety issues as well as vocational rehabilitation to both associates and client companies. As a certified national Red Cross First Aid Trainer, Carla is passionate about developing innovative and proactive programs to promote workplace safety and wellness and, in true ABL spirit, “A Better Life” for everyone at our client companies.
ABL’s Occupational Wellness Culture:
At ABL, our relationships developed with employees, clients and business partners are paramount in founding a workforce culture that embraces the importance of establishing safe-work policies that transcend into overall occupational wellness for all.
Readers of Canadian Occupational Safety magazine were asked to nominate their picks to recognize women who are at the top of their game in the Canadian occupational health and safety sector. Some of these women have decades of experience and are thought leaders in the field.
ABL’s Occupational Wellness Manager, Carla Villalta, was one of the successful nominees featured in a special report in the May/June issue of COS.
Download the report here and jump to page 25 to learn more.
- Working with companies to design and deploy safety awareness and workplace wellness campaigns that studies prove have positive impacts on injury and accident claims, attendance and retention rates, etc.
- Delivering Red Cross National First Aid Certifications – Carla is a certified Red Cross National First Aid Instructor, and can deliver Red Cross programs onsite at your Ontario workplace.
- Free for a limited time: We are offering the Red Cross “Preventing Disease Transmission” (PDT) course which is designed to help organizations meet public health guidelines as workers return to work again
- Supporting workplace staff in completing documentation and investigation required in the event of workplace accident or injury, violence and harassment e.g. incident reports, Form 8’s, etc.
- Developing and implementing integrated workplace accommodation policies and procedures in accordance with Human Rights and Worker’s Compensation Boards. This can include designing “Early and Safe Return to Work plans” with lighter / alternative duties based on medical advice that support the healing and recovery process for injured workers that allow them to continue to contribute to, and participate in, the team dynamic and goals at the workplace.
- Preparing and analysing disability data and provides recommendations to reduce disability costs – let’s look at your KPIs and develop a strategy for safe and productive work.
- Providing consulting services to clients across a broad spectrum of disability management issues with the goal of helping to prevent occupational claims and to improve claims incidence rates, duration and costs, in order to have a direct impact on profitability and safe work cultures.
- Facilitating interactive training and education programs both in-person, virtually and in pre-recorded sessions online, that offer skills-development opportunities to management and employees that increase levels of critical thinking to work safety, increase compliance, and improve overall mental and physical wellness in the workplace. This in turn translates into increased productivity, employee retention, and overall workplace wellness.
- The Red Cross Preventing Disease Transmission (PDT) course is designed to help organizations meet public health guidelines. For a limited time at NO COST, ABL Employment is able to offer this course to our valued clients as part of our collective need to safeguard a safe workplace for all.
Read more about this course:
- The Canadian Red Cross National First Aid Certification course that meet the criteria for Workplace First Aiders across Canada. Read more about this course:
- ABL’s Free SkillPass Training on our Youtube channel: a self-paced learning program offering pre-recorded webinar presentations covering a host of health, safety, and wellness topics.
- Carla will come on site or virtually present any of our training topics, or work with you to develop new content that meets your worksite needs!
Let’s have an open safety dialogue to promote safety for temporary workers and all workers, highlighting prevention, with a focus on supporting your organization’s goals of building a safer and more productive workplace for everyone.
Carla would love the opportunity to speak with you about what her role as Occupational Wellness Manager can do to make your life easier, and support your organization’s goals of building a safer and more productive workplace for everyone.
Carla can be reached at email@example.com
COVID-19 SAFETY PREVENTATIVE TECHNIQUES SERIES
- How to wash your hands to avoid spreading germs
- Disinfecting PPE
- Preventing Disease Transmission
MANAGEMENT HEALTH AND SAFETY SERIES
- Conducting Toolbox Safety Talks
- How to effectively supervise to ensure the safety of Young and Vulnerable Workers
- Opportunity in Diversity
- Difficult Conversations and Coaching for Success
- Get the most from Team Meetings
FIT FOR WORK SERIES
- Fit for work: Substance use and impairment on the worksite
- Fit for work: Corona virus on the worksite
- Fit for work: Personal protective equipment [PPE] on the worksite – with special focus on foot and hand protection
WORKER SAFETY SERIES
- Identifying Workplace Hazards
- Manual Material Handling Safety – reduce musculoskeletal injuries
- Soft Skills Matter
FIRST AID CERTIFICATE SERIES
- Responding to Workplace Injuries Emergency Awareness Certificate
- Severe Allergic Reaction Awareness Certificate
- Hyperventilation Emergency Awareness Certificate
- Diabetic Emergency Awareness Certificate
- Asthma Attack Emergency Awareness Certificate
- Mental Health Emergency Awareness Certificate
Don’t miss out on all the important updates, news, and more!