2 Top Qualities of a Great Fork Lift Operator
Most industrial and manufacturing industries and warehouses, require forklift operators. It is important to carefully consider the type of worker you have driving the fork lifts. Whether the fork lift operator is a full-time staff member, or a temporary assignment employee, finding the right forklift operators is important to maintaining a high level of safety and productivity in the workplace.
The level of forklift driving experience is notably an important factor, however this is not the only thing that you need to consider. On the flip-side, forklift operators who might lack extensive experience, may be more committed, hardworking and focused to do the best job that they can. Plus, training workers who have less experience can be a very rewarding process.
So, what are the top 2 qualities of a forklift operator?
1. Someone who puts safety first
* An industrial workspace can be a busy place with obstacles and other workers, so having operators who constantly perform with safety in mind is essential. Forklift safety is significant in a busy industrial environment, because of the many common hazards that can occur when operating them to themselves and other workers. Forklift operators that are committed to safety is a must.
* [X] HINT: During an interview and from talking with their previous employers, you can get a sense of how safety conscientious a candidate is.
* POTENTIAL INTERVIEW QUESTION: WHAT IS AN IMPORTANT FORKLIFT SAFETY RULE AND WHY?
2. Someone who is highly focused
* Forklift operators need to be focused and constantly aware of their surroundings at all times to everything that’s going on around them. Often they must work in tight spaces and simultaneously with other forklifts in the area as well as other workers. Many forklift related injuries occur because someone wasn’t paying enough attention in the often busy work spaces.
* [X] POTENTIAL INTEVIEW QUESTION: WHAT ARE 3 STEPS A FORKLIFT OPERATOR CAN TAKE IF THEY NOTICE A WORKER IN THE AREA….