Our client is a freight company looking for a Accounts payable Coordinator.
– Review and accurately disseminate all correspondence received via the AP inbox.
– Receive, match, verify and post payable invoices/expenses to TMS system and prepare cheques for mailing and EFT file for upload to the bank, in compliance with financial policies and reporting deadlines.
– Act as point of contact for vendors, responding to inquiries and resolving discrepancies to ensure invoices are paid on a timely basis.
– Record monthly accruals.
– Maintain and file documentation, which include invoices, receipts, vendor banking information, vendor credit applications and other documents as required.
– Analyze and reconcile vendor statements and manage vendor aging.
– Undertake other duties or ad hoc projects as required, such as general ledger reconciliation and general journal postings.
– College diploma or university degree in the field of business with a specialization in accounting preferred.
– 3+ years prior accounts payable experience in a high-volume environment.
– Knowledge of Accounts Payable best practices, standard concepts, policies and procedures
– Attention to detail
– Excellent communication skills, strong organizational, multi-tasking, analytical and problem-solving skills, with an attention to detail.
– MS Office proficiency and QuickBooks
– Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory requirements, and experience in compliance and year-end audits
To apply for this position, submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job number 018001. Those selected for interviews will be contacted.