In 2021, Canada expanded its Permanent Residence pathway for graduates and essential workers.
Under this temporary pathway program to Permanent Residency in Canada, ABL has many suitable work opportunities that will help you reach your minimum hours. You can learn more about the program’s details here:
Canada’s Temporary to Permanent Residence Pathway For Graduates, Essential Workers Opens Noon Thursday
This program is effective from May 6, 2021 until November 5, 2021.
The portal will remain open until November 5th, or until the maximum number of applications is reached.
The new pathways are being touted as vital to bolster Canada’s healthcare system and industries providing essential services, particularly during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Canada will be accepting:
- 20,000 applications for temporary workers in health care;
- 30,000 applications for temporary workers in other selected essential occupations, and;
- 40,000 applications for international students who graduated from an eligible Canadian institution
- Three additional streams with similar eligibility criteria have also been launched for French-speaking and bilingual candidates, but there is no maximum number of applications for those who speak French.
Workers already in Canada: essential, non-health care
- Number of applications that will be accepted: 30,000
- Number of applications that have been submitted: 11,264 (Last update: 2021-06-01 13:09)
- The new pathways to permanent residency open up a broad category of occupations now deemed essential, including many in such areas as manufacturing and food processing.
English-speaking temporary foreign workers applying for permanent residence under the two streams for them must have worked full-time for at least one year -or the equivalent in part-time experience (1,560 hours) in Canada, in an eligible occupation listed in either the A or B streams within the past three years.
The occupations deemed essential under the B stream are:
(ABL specialties are bolded)
6622 Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers
7235 Structural metal and plate-work fabricators and fitters
7237 Welders and related machine operators
7452 Material handlers
7511 Transport truck drivers
7514 Delivery and courier service drivers
7522 Public works maintenance equipment operators and related workers
7534 Air transport ramp attendants
7535 Other automotive mechanical installers and servicers
7611 Construction trades helpers and labourers
7612 Other trades helpers and labourers
7621 Public works and maintenance labourers
8612 Landscaping and grounds maintenance labourers
8613 Aquaculture and marine harvest labourers
1511 Mail, postal and related workers
1512 Letter carriers
1513 Couriers, messengers and door-to-door distributors
6421 Retail salespersons
6731 Light duty cleaners
6732 Specialized cleaners
6733 Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents
8432 Nursery and greenhouse workers
9461 Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing
9462 Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers
9463 Fish and seafood plant workers
9465 Testers and graders, food and beverage processing
6551 Customer services representatives – financial institutions
6552 Other customer and information services representatives
9617 Labourers in food and beverage processing
9618 Labourers in fish and seafood processing
Those applying under the worker streams must also:
- be employed in Canada in any occupation at the time that the application for permanent residence is received;
- have attained Level 4 proficiency in either official language;
- live in Canada with valid temporary resident status;
- be willing to live in a province or territory other than Quebec, and;
- have applied online.
CHECK OUT ABL’s JOB BOARD NOW:
If you see a position you’re interested in, apply right away!
Click Here To Visit Job Board