The Day of Mourning (also known as Workers’ Memorial Day) is officially recognized in about 100 countries worldwide. The National Day of Mourning is not only a day to remember and honour those lives lost or injured due to a workplace tragedy, but also a day to renew the commitment to improve health and safety in the workplace and prevent further injuries, illnesses, and deaths.Canada will be recognizing this day through several ways.
You can download a free poster below to help promote awareness of this day of observance with your employees.
Ways you can participate at your workplace:
- Order or download posters and stickers to post in your office and clients sites
- Wear black and yellow ribbons
- Light candles
- Observe a moment of silence at 11:00am
- Share stories about how workplace tragedies have touched peoples’ lives
- Participate in many of the events happening across Canada in recognition of this day
- Announce information about this day at pre-shift meetings to assignment employees and internal staff
Please see the links below for further resources: