Most of our client companies have pallets in their workplaces. That’s why our Occupational Wellness Manager, Carla Villalta, has created a FREE POSTER DOWNLOAD that can be used alongside a toolbox safety talk with workers, and also posted near lockers, health and safety boards, and lunch rooms.
Here are our 5 easy tips for pallet safety in the workplace:
- Train supervisors and workers on all safe practices and procedures. Train workers on any changes. Regularly review your pallet handling practices, especially with young and vulnerable workers.
- Proper handling of pallets can include PPE – safety gloves and steel toe work shoes.
- Implement a process to inspect, identify, and remove damaged pallets from service, and restock loads on undamaged pallets. Hazardous pallets can be split, broken, chipped, or sagging, indicating structural damage.
- Use pallets for the purpose they were designed for. Do not exceed pallet load bearing limits, and use expendable pallets only once.
- Identify the best locations for placing pallets with goods stored on them, as well as empty pallets. Eliminate blind spots and tripping hazards. Ensure a clear workspace so they do not impede access to doorways, emergency exists, fire extinguisher etc.
Follow these simple pallet guidelines to keep your workers safe in the warehouse.
ABL is a staffing agency specializing in filling general labour temporary jobs, including packaging jobs and warehouse jobs. Contact us today to find the right staff for your needs!
You might also like: