The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the communication with transportation providers to ensure prompt and proper movement of shipments to ensure customer satisfaction. The Logistics Coordinator reports to the Vendor Manager.
Build and maintain positive relationships with freight vendors.
· Coordinate all shipments from all locations.
· Ensures the safe and timely pickup and delivery of shipments.
· Track shipment details, locations ETA’s
· Streamline shipping and transportation processes.
· Continually review freight costs and transportation rates to keep costs down where possible.
· Prepares all documentation for shipments.
· Responds to sales inquires in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
· Investigate any discrepancies on invoices from freight companies.
· Communicate to sales team any changes to shipments- tailgate charges, call ahead, storage fees.
This role will be of interest to you if:
– logistics experience 3 years+
– understand and work to coordinate the client shipment needs with efficient and cost effective transportation providers
– work effectively both independently and as a team