Maintenance Technician For Grading Line In Greenhouse
$20 / hour
Start Date: Immediate
Our client - a leader in greenhouse-grown produce in the lower mainland, is looking for a skilled MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN to perform a highly diversified set of duties. From installations, and troubleshooting, to the repair and maintenance of production and facility equipment, we are seeking someone who will actively support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
COMPENSATION: $20 / hour
- The bulk of all responsibilities will be regarding the repair and maintenance of the Packhouse and Grading Line equipment to ensure downtime is minimized. This includes the following areas: Fruit Sorting Line, Vision Systems, Corrugate Erectors, Labelling Systems, Conveyor,Top seal machine and Control Systems.
- A small amount of time will be dedicated to the repair and maintenance of packhouse Motorized Equipment including Forklifts, Pallet jacks, and Scooters.
- Inventory, Coordination/Organization of maintenance supplies, spare parts, and tools to ensure that downtime is minimized along while keeping costs within budget will also require some daily attention;
- Participation in the Food Safety Program and Safety Committee in order to ensure that the packhouse
is compliant with all food safety regulations and WCB requirements.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly checklists of all equipment.
- Some Saturday coverage may be needed, as required.
- Ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs, regularly, or as needed;
- The ability to bend, crouch, and twist, frequently, and as needed;
- Workers must be able to be on their feet for extended periods of time, up to whole shifts, as needed.
- While performing the duties of this job, there is a high likelihood of exposure to fumes or airborne particles, due to the movement of mechanical parts, and vibrations, and there can be high noise volumes around machinery. Proper PPE will be required when working in these areas and may be provided by the job site.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The consistent ability to exercise professional judgment when decision-making, and while organizing and prioritizing work in order to meet deadlines;
- Strong communication skills for relaying information and instructions, as needed;
- The ability to identify problems, determine causes and find appropriate solutions while working in changing conditions and fluctuating demands.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent is required, while Post Secondary in a related field is considered an asset;
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a mechanical/electrical environment;
- Power Engineer ticket or Trade ticket' is also considered an asset.
SEE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW ON HOW TO APPLY
You can apply directly to this ad with a copy of your resume in Word or PDF format to make it easier for us to review. Once you have submitted your resume, give us a call and speak to Chris regarding your submission. We can be reached Monday to Friday from 9am to 4pm at 604-648-2259.
If you are having trouble submitting your resume, you can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
If this isn't the position for you, feel free to view the HOT JOB section of our website at www.ablemployment.com to see all of our opportunities.
We would like to thank all of our applicants. Only those whose qualifications meet the needs of the job will be contacted.