Resume Writing Tips from ABL Employment
Are you seeking a rewarding job but don’t know where to look? ABL Employment can help! As a locally owned staffing agency, ABL can help you find temp-to-hire jobs in London, Burlington, Hamilton, Toronto and the surrounding areas. We also offer job opportunities in Vancouver and throughout BC. We specialize in general labour jobs, like assembly jobs and packaging jobs, as well as forklift, material handling and warehouse jobs.
When reviewing potential candidates’ applications, the staffing coordinators, or recruiters, at ABL Employment look for well-formatted and informative resumes. To help give you a leg up on the competition, we have formulated a list of valuable resume writing tips. Making use of these tips will ensure that you stand out from the competition and get you one step closer to an interview.
- 1.Know your resume’s purpose: You are not writing a resume in hopes of getting a job; you are writing a resume in hopes of getting an interview. Try to briefly summarize your best qualities. You can expand on the information you provide in your resume when you meet with the employer in person.
- 2.Keep it clean: Whether you like it or not, most employers will make a judgement about your resume without even reading it through first. Make sure it is organized, with eye-catching typography and appropriate titles.
- 3.Edit: Editing is key for resume writing. Tailor your resume for the job you are applying for. Most employers probably won’t care about that job you had as a grocery store cashier when you were 14. Also, do NOT try to cram three pages of information onto one page—it looks crowded and messy.
- 4.Short & sweet: Be concise and to-the-point. Try to keep your resume to one or two pages. Beyond two pages, employers will lose interest and you will miss out on a chance to get a job!
- 6.Proofread: There is no place for spelling or grammar errors in your resume. Make sure the language you use is accurate, but stay away from slang and jargon. You should never assume that the employer knows all the specialized terms you do.
Want more resume writing tips? Visit us online at http://www.ablemployment.com/. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook to stay informed about all the latest opportunities, too!