Salary is based on experience
Start Date: Immediate
The ABL Group of Companies is currently seeking a Controller to join the vibrant management team. ABL has been on Canadian Business list of Fastest Growing Companies in Canada for 5 years and is a recent recipient of the Burlington Large Business of the Year Award and the BDO Business Value Award. In addition, ABL has consistently received recognition for the strength of the company culture as well as the commitment to innovation.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Controller position reports directly to the President and would be based out of our Waterdown Corporate Hub with flexibility to schedule work from other ABL offices and home. If you are an enthusiastic problem solver with a CPA (or CPA in progress) and are looking for a new opportunity with a dynamic organization where you can make your mark and truly participate in the continued growth and strengthening of the company, this is the position for you!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare monthly financial statements with an eye to streamlining processes and improving efficiencies;
- Prepare reporting for employee bonus and reward programs.
- Post entries to the general ledger based on ASPE (Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises) and company's capitalization policy;
- Monitor and seek to improve expense management and overall financial processes;
- Participate with the Senior management team in strategic analysis and planning;
- Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) reporting, remittance and compliance;
- Oversee and, when required, assist with accounts payable and receivable with a view to improving results.
- CPA designation (or working towards completion);
- Proficiency with Excel and Microsoft applications;
- Public accounting experience preferred
- High attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting;
- Knowledge of QuickBooks software would be an asset;
If this sounds like the career opportunity for you, please remit your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
To learn more about ABL, visit our websites at www.ablemployment.com and www.ablcareers.com