Businesses are re-opening, Covid-19 restrictions are decreasing but have not been eliminated. Now more than ever, it is crucial that we increase Covid-19 safety compliance with communication and messaging targeted at young adults due to increased complacency after vaccinations and restrictions are relaxed.
- Mask Wearing: Adhere to mask wearing
- Other Public Health Measures: Comply with other protective measures, such as avoiding groups, coughing or sneezing into one’s elbow, and washing one’s hands regularly
Covid strategies to increase compliance among young adults AND new workers:
REFRESH COMMUNICATIONS AND MESSAGING:
Consider the use of different key messages, tone, and delivery i.e. With all the extra hand washing – poster enclosed on how to conserve water when washing hands from the W.H.O.
- should be clear, accessible, motivational AND positive
- outline the consequences of not complying to public health measures
HELP YOUNG & NEW WORKERS REMEMBER – SAFETY FIRST:
- Place and REFRESH POSTERS on Safety Boards, lunch rooms and specific workstations – link here for a variety of NEW Covid posters so that you can REFRESH and attract attention to key Covid prevention and transmission practices as safety measures are relaxed
- Provide IMMEDIATE CORRECTION to workers – link here on how Safety Talks
- ASK QUESTIONS to confirm their knowledge and understanding
Check Out Our Quick Video From ABL’s Occupational Wellness Manager: