Welcome to part 2 of ABL Employment’s advice on how to get the most out of your employment agency! We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: for someone looking for a job, a staffing company can make all the difference—that is, if you know how to properly use one. By taking advantage of the tips provided, you should be able to find a job with an employment agency in no time! So, without further ado, we present part 2 of our “how to” list:
- Prepare for testing: Depending on the type of work you are looking for, some staffing agencies administer tests. When you make your appointment for your interview, don’t be shy to ask the agency if there is any sort of testing involved. If there is, you will be able to study in advance and perform better on the tests!
- Get real: Be realistic with your expectations. When explaining the type of work you are looking for, remember that even though you are working for an employment agency, you may not always be given your favourite kind of job. As with any kind of job, you must have the skills and experience necessary in order to qualify.
- Check out the agency benefits: Some employment agencies offer benefits to their employees, from holiday and sick pay to long-term client rewards. Make sure you are familiar with an agency’s benefits before accepting a position with them.
- Follow up: Staffing companies interview tons of potential candidates! Make yourself stand out from the rest by following up post-interview. Let your contact know on a regular basis (without being too extreme) that you are still ready and looking for work.
- Don’t give up: It is easy to get discourage when hunting for a job. Persistence is key—if you’ve done the proper preparation by following the “how to” tips we’ve mentioned so far, a position should find its way to you in no time!
For more information on how to take advantage of an employment agency, visit ABL Employment. One of our staffing experts will be more than happy to explain our recruiting and job placement process.
ABL Employment focuses on general labour jobs and industrial jobs in Hamilton, offering assembly jobs, packaging jobs, and automotive jobs in Hamilton, Burlington, and the rest of the GTA. We also offer temp jobs in London, Woodstock, Brampton, Milton and even Vancouver!
To learn more, visit us online at https://ablemployment.com/ today.